Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Connectivist Alone Together

Before I start this blog, I have to tell you I am ripping off the title of a book that I want to read. When I heard Sherry Turkle discuss her book, Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Eachother, I put it on my list.

But I've added the word connectivist--this is the heart of the etmooc mission. Thanks to comments section of my blog, I learned from a fellow blogger today a helpful list of resources about connectivism. I've got some new reading to do. I'm not so much alone as I am learning together.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/messycupcakes/6187021453/
Here's something else I connected with this morning. There is a fantastic OL conference in Denver, and I'm already trying to fit a few of the talks onto my calendar. I emailed a few colleagues about it, and I told them that face-to-face conferences allow me to meet cool people. OL conferences feed the hermit nerd in me.


And when I think of Colorado, I think of aspens. Trees that are beautiful alone and together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment